It’s been way too long since I did a good Craigslist post and there are some really great finds out there (on the Cincinnati site) right now! I’ve even picked one or two up myself.
So without further ado, here are some fab pieces you should consider scooping up if you’re in the market for any furniture!
1. How about a $10 bookcase?
This one reminds me of a sweet little number that Land of Nod sells. Even on sale the cute one from LoN is $250!! I mean come on…..
You too could have the look, for a whole lot less moolah. This is an easy target for spray painting too. Repeat after me, “Spindles and paintbrushes don’t mix.” Good. Now go grab it before I do. Perfect for a kids room or playroom.
2. I love scrolling through the cute dress-up storage that people have made , like this “Dress Up Headquarters” posted over at A Turtle’s Life for Me!
And this little cabinet would be just perfect, don’t you think?
It is only $10! What if you took out the bottom drawer, and made that area a little shoe shelf, then used the drawer to hang necklaces on the wall?
3. This is a unique find, and for the right kid, would be a TOTAL score! I love this little wood workbench.
My head just swims with all the fun ways you could paint it and accessorize it, like this posted over on Ana White’s fabulous site.
I think I’d stain the legs, too, and then paint the pegboard in the back with their name… like “Sam’s Workshop.” Add some hooks for hardhats and the like, and a bin for scrap wood pieces from Grandpa’s shop. Waa laa. Boy. Heaven. And the Craigslist version is only $15!! You couldn’t make it that cheap. Score!
4. Some of the things I love buying most secondhand are storage and organization pieces. I love storage – who doesn’t? But I hate paying a lot for it. Pieces like this one are so super versatile.
Mudroom. Closet. Foyer. Bedroom. Laundry room. Anywhere. It is wood, has shelves and cubbies, and is $20!
Looks an awful lot like the beginnings of this fabulous entry organizer from Better Homes & Gardens, huh?
Or, if the open space at the top isn’t working for you, add another board across the top and increase the storage even more. Aren’t the cubbies on the sides perfect looking for small bags/purses or shoes? What about books? Toys? Arts and crafts supplies. Love it.
5. Last but not least is this charming display shelf/bookcase/etagere.
I just love it. Think it looks too dark and heavy? Think again.
This one from Somerset Bay will set you back $2000. For reals.
Save your money. You can paint this $35 Craigslist find. And then go on vacation.
Thank you so much for reading. Have a suggestion or something you’d like to see on these posts? Let me know in the comments! I just love to hear from you.
Have a wonderful day!